Jun
2008

Me Cavewoman, You Man

The other day, GR kindly told me that I need to quit trying to be “the man” in our relationship.  He said that he’s tired of being dragged around town by his ponytail (wha?) without being asked or consulted with first.  So my first question is, is that what a man does?  Drag his woman around town by her ponytail?  I have no idea what he’s talking about, mainly because I do not live in, near, or around a cave, build fire with sticks, grunt excessively, or understand caveman-speak.

However, if by “the man” GR means “the one who maketh the plans,” then yes, I am “the planner” in our relationship.  GR is the hunter, gatherer, complainer, worrier, pest, and whatnot, and I am the planner of all things fun.  I live to plan.  That is my unofficial job in life.  You got something that needs to be planned?  Come to Lulu.  She will happily plan it for you.

And should there not be at least one control freak planner in every relationship?  Otherwise, god forbid, things would not get planned.  It makes me nervous to think about it.  So, in that vein, there has been a slight change in our Germany plans.  Basically, GR has changed his mind about going.  Let me repeat—GR has jumped ship.  I know!

First and foremost, GR is suddenly a nervous bundle of unnatural worry and anxiety about leaving the house and dogs for 10 whole days.  Gasp.  Remember a very, very long time ago when I told you it was a chore to get GR to cross the county line?  That’s count-y, not count-ry.  Well, I was not kidding, y’all.

But it’s not like I up and planned this trip all on my own without consulting GR.  I’m not that much of a control freak!  Yet somewhere in the back of my mind, I knew that this would happen.  Somehow, someway, I knew that GR’s anxiety would take over and he would conveniently forget that he had a small part in planning this trip (um, like agreeing to it), and then snap like a frozen fish stick accusing me of being “the man.”  Do you also remember a very, very long time ago when I told you that GR is wishy-washy?  Yep.  He most often snaps.  Like a frozen fish stick.

So, bad news as it may be, I forgive the man.  He can’t help that he has anxiety issues (take a pill already!) and thinks that he’s the woman in our relationship.  I totally love him for it.  Really, I do!  And because he loves me so much, he’s “allowing” me (I hate using that word, because it’s not exactly allowing…it’s more like giving his blessing?  Whatev.) to go on this trip without him.  But I won’t be going alone.  Oh no, people.  I’ve coerced a tall, dark Italian man my best friend from high school into going with me!!  Woo-hoo!  The Hofbräuhaus will never be the same now!  More on that later.

Okay, so I’m sure that you’re all thinking—hmm, GR is putting Lulu’s controlling, plan-happy ass on a plane to the other side of the world to get rid of her.  And maybe that’s a tiny part of it, but in all seriousness, he feels incredibly guilty that he’s not going with me on what we (I?) planned to be our 15-year anniversary trip.  Right, GR?  Lucky for him, I am not an incredibly sentimental gal.  And actually, our anniversary falls over Labor Day weekend when we’ll be at the beach in Destin, so we’ll be together then.

So never fear, people…all is well in the House of Lulu.  If you need me, you can find me over in the corner of my cave grunting and rubbing sticks together.  And making plans…

Sudsy Comments

June 10th, 2008 at 12:41 am

Well THAT sucks!! and omg our husbands are so the same about travel. What up with that? Although he hasn’t called me a man yet.

Tootsie Farklepants’s last blog post..I Put My Appearance in Your Hands

June 10th, 2008 at 6:31 am
Big H said,

Ha ha ha! Oh Lulu, GR is a pill! Don’t worry, I drag Phoo around by his phantom ponytail too…if we ladies left everything to the guys, we’d never go anywhere or do anything! So, they can just get over it! :)

June 10th, 2008 at 7:16 am
Miss Margarita said,

I cannot believe that the beer man himself is not going to Germany! Is he insane, OK wait a minute, i forget who we are talking about & who could forget the plane rides to Hawaii? Maybe better for you that he is not going, I could here the conversation now on the flights to and from Germany. I am sure that you & Teena will have a blast. :smile:

June 10th, 2008 at 7:44 am
kelly said,

:razz: He’s nuts. I bet he will regret it, the first time he sees a picture involving much beer.

kelly’s last blog post..Batter’s Up. And She Strikes Out.

June 10th, 2008 at 9:34 am
Christie said,

The first picture is absolutely hysterical! :)

So who will go with you on your trip? ALL by yourself?

Christie’s last blog post..Not To Be

June 10th, 2008 at 11:02 am
Christie said,

Ok. I really must learn to read more thoroughly. You’re taking your best friend from high school with you. Sounds like loads of fun! :D

Christie’s last blog post..Not To Be

June 10th, 2008 at 12:50 pm
angie said,

Well, sorry to hear that hubby won’t be going with you, but I still hope you have a great time! I can sympathize with him on changing his mind because I do it all the time and it drive my hubby bonkers. We’ve had some hellacious fights because of my last-minute changing of the mind! Wheeee…good times!

angie’s last blog post..4th Week Results

June 11th, 2008 at 2:38 am
kailani said,

Sometimes it’s kind of nice to go on vacation with friends instead. I’m sure he’ll miss you!

kailani’s last blog post..WW: It’s King Kamehameha Day in Hawaii

June 11th, 2008 at 11:08 am

Okay, if this were ME, I’d be thinking “Whoo Hoo! I’ll totally have more FUN if he doesn’t come because I wont’ have to be stressed out about whether he’s enjoying himself, or stressed out, or whatever. Plus we won’t be able to get into a big fight and ruin all, or part of, the trip.”

DJ would be the EXACT same way. And I’m mad at him today, so I’m going to take it out on GR. Men are such wussies.

AMomTwoBoys’s last blog post..Make Me Laugh Monday – Brothers!

June 11th, 2008 at 11:09 am

I’m commenting again because I keep forgetting to change my information to my new site address.

Must go light fire and boil water.

AMomTwoBoys’s last blog post..Mooching Monday, er, Tuesday Night

June 11th, 2008 at 11:54 am
Hottdog said,

LMAO!
you are FREAKIN hilarious! you damn plan master you!

Hottdog’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday…well kinda

June 11th, 2008 at 12:50 pm
mp said,

OK…I think you will have a blast…Watch out Germany!

mp’s last blog post..Take me to McDonalds!

June 11th, 2008 at 10:07 pm
Ann said,

Awwww, hubbers. Well – at least you’re still able to go and you’re cool with it. I liked this post bc it shows that you 2 have “worked ‘er out” – makin’ it work. Love it. At least he lets you drag him by the hair – I mean, that’s a plus….

Ann’s last blog post..Overheard In Our Household

June 13th, 2008 at 9:49 am
Amanda said,

Some of my best trips (especially the international ones) were without the husband. I know you’ll have fun!

Amanda’s last blog post..Picnics in the Sun

June 17th, 2008 at 10:07 am

Awww! I hate that, but you are a good sport and good ole gal. I have a feeling you will be enjoying yourself anyway. Make the most of it!

Leigh @eneral Ramblings’s last blog post..Meet My “Frans”….

Throw your socks in the wash!

CommentLuv badge