Jul
2008

Just Call Me Morticia Adams

Y’all, it’s been a crazy time around here for ‘ol Lulu.  First off, I want to thank everyone for their condolences when my grandfather passed away last month.  The Dukester really was a great man, and I’m going to miss him terribly.  I’m especially going to miss writing tales of my trips to and from Florida with the Dukester and Nanny, but Nanny is still kicking a lively step so my trips with her will continue.  Actually, in August, GR and I will be traveling to my mom’s house in Tampa, and then driving Nanny back to her Georgia home.  Crackers and Mountain Dew stories are sure to continue.

As for the crazy part, I’ve had no less than five funerals/visitations to attend to this past month—and while all of them have been truly sad, none were as heartbreaking as the sudden death of my cousin’s 24-year old boyfriend.  That’s just way too young to be checking out and leaving behind a young girlfriend who is just devastated…not to mention parents and a brother.

But, on a happier note, I am back and hoping to start writing blog posts a regular basis again.  I’m only taking one class this semester due to it being Summer, and I decided that working on my tan is of the utmost priority at this time lest I do turn into Morticia Adams.  Funeral homes and pale skin seem to go hand-in-hand, so I’m hoping to ward off any more visits by obtaining a healthy glow.  Of course, there is the chance that I will end up with skin cancer, therefore, defeating the point.  But I’ll worry about that tomorrow.

Anyhow, just wanted to check in to say a quick hello and that I’ll be making my normal rounds on the blog circuit again!

Auf Wiedersehen for now!  I’m in total Germany mode now…only 3 months to go!

Sudsy Comments

July 14th, 2008 at 3:14 pm

Wow that was a lot goin’ on! You need to take a break, working on your tan can certainly help, the sun gives you good vitamins and vibes! Happy days sista….happy days ahead. As for Germany, where will you be going?
FYI, I am launching my new blog design this week so keep tuned. It is nicey nice!

July 14th, 2008 at 3:38 pm
Christie said,

Glad you’re back, and will be returning to full-time blogging soon! :)

Christie’s last blog post..Politically Speaking…

July 14th, 2008 at 5:00 pm
chuckles said,

Hey lulu when are you going, to florida are you going for liek a week thing or waht, i want to go down to florida to see nanny, let me know what you are doing.

July 14th, 2008 at 7:02 pm

Welcome back.

I was thinking of you last week: I read Terri Irwin’s autobiography and it was so sad and so lovely and so moving and of course I KNEW it didn’t have a happy ending and that made it all the more amazing.

AlphaDogMa’s last blog post..Alex, I’ll take badly named celebrity babies for $15 million.

July 14th, 2008 at 7:18 pm

Glad you’re back, but sorry it’s been such a rough month! Sounds awfully sad and depressing.

And yay for only 3 months til Germany…although then we’ll be without our Lulu fix again. Damn.

I guess it’s not all about me, though.

AMomTwoBoys’s last blog post..Say Cheese!

July 14th, 2008 at 11:26 pm

Oh my goodness. You’ve been through a ton. I’m so sorry. 24 is…well, it’s just way too young….

I’m glad to see you back though.

July 15th, 2008 at 7:40 am
Big H said,

Let’s hit the pool Morticia! :cool:

July 15th, 2008 at 2:36 pm
mp said,

Hopefully you have used up all your funeral time for the year up by July..that would be good news.

I’m jealous about Germany…but I still love you.

mp’s last blog post..Pulling my HAIR out!

July 15th, 2008 at 5:30 pm
angie said,

Welcome back, Morticia! YAY!

I’m so sorry for all your losses you’ve suffered lately. I hope that is all you have to deal with for a while!

What class are you taking this summer? I’ve lost my mind and am trying to get into an online nutrition class this fall. It’s full right now, so I’m hoping someone will go all anti-nutrition and drop it. Or the prof will feel sorry for me and let me in. Or something.

And don’t worry, I will haul my pale, untanned carcass to visit you while you recoup from skin cancer. :cool:

angie’s last blog post..Struggling

July 15th, 2008 at 5:35 pm
Adrienne said,

Wow! You’ve been busy and not all in the happiest of ways. Have fun down here in Tampa and good luck with all your trip planning to Germany. It sounds as though it will be a much needed vaca. And thank you for finding a little time to comment on my blog with everything else you’ve got going on.

Best,
Adrienne

Adrienne’s last blog post..Tarpon Springs Sponge Docks – Day Trip

July 16th, 2008 at 7:42 pm

Yay! Lulu’s back! though I can see why you’ve taken some time off. I’m so sorry to hear about your cousin’s boyfriend. That’s just too sad. Hopefully that’s all behind you now! Glad to have you back!!!!!!

Madame Queen’s last blog post..Sweet, Sweet Girl

Throw your socks in the wash!

CommentLuv badge